Do you wish you add an extra bedroom, playroom, office or spare room to your home in Surbiton or Berrylands?
Making use of the loft, attic or roof is a great way of increasing your current living space by adding extra rooms. Most loft spaces are being wasted and used for storage of old junk and boxes, so why not really add value to your home by converting it into a habitable room?
We have a wealth of experience in the building industry and carry out all aspects of domestic building works in Surbiton and the surrounding areas, all completed to the highest standards.
We specialise in:
- Loft conversions
- Attic conversions
- House extensions
- Bungalow conversions
- Single storey renovations
- Rear and back extensions
- Side extensions
- Double storey extensions
- Building services including roofing, bathroom fitting, painting and decorating, electrical, plumbing and heating, carpentry and roofing
We provide free, no-obligation, detailed quotations based on clients’ individual needs. We are proud of our reputation locally for excellence and gain the vast majority of our projects through recommendation. We always complete our projects on time and on budget and take a personal and friendly approach to all jobs, no matter how big or small.
If you would like to discuss a home renovation project, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 07840 790 206.
Types of loft conversions
We carry out and manage all types of loft conversions and have a track record of obtaining successful planning permissions, where necessary. We can manage your entire project from start to finish, creating detailed architectural drawings and designs, before completing the work to exceptional standards.
A newly-created roof space can be made into different functions, all according to the homeowner’s need. Many people create a playroom for children, a self-contained annex or even a new master bedroom with an en-suite bathroom. Most projects take four to six weeks to complete and most people continue to stay in their property whilst the work is being done.
The most common attic conversions are these:
- Dormer conversions: These are popular because they offer the most space when converting your roof space into a usable room. This is where an extension is added to the top of your existing sloping roof, which projects out vertically to create a new living space. These naturally create more space than normal angled walls that you would typically expect with a loft conversion.
- Hip to Gable conversion: This option is often the best solution when there is limited internal volume within your roof space. The smaller end of your roof is extended to make it a Gable End, which provides more space for a staircase, bathroom or anything else which may be required.
- Gable to Gable conversion: This type of extension can normally be found in terraced houses. The back roof is rebuilt to increase the pitch as the gable walls are built up. The roof is then placed nearly vertical along the ceiling height, which forms a call. This is then connected to the ridge at a flat angle, creating a spacious area with a good headroom.
- Rooflight conversion: These are the most cost-effective conversions because the only change is the addition of a rooflight at the back and front. There is no difference in the volume of the space and this new room will be flooded with light.
Roofing in Surbiton
Plumbing and Heating
Painting & Decorating
Bathroom Fitting Surbiton
Other loft room considerations
We will always ensure your project runs smoothly and without delay and will always look at the following:
- Fire regulations
- Insulating your loft conversion
- Roof replacement if necessary
- Combining a loft conversion with a roof extension
We want you to have complete peace of mind. All work is guaranteed for five years and on completion of the work, you will be given an Authenticated Guarantee Certificate, which covers defective workmanship and faulty materials guarantee.